Monday, April 9, 2012

He is Risen Indeed!

Hope everyone had a fabulous Resurrection Sunday yesterday! We did for sure. R and I hosted both sets of parents and his sister and her husband at our house yesterday after attending our local Easter Sunday church service. Now, anyone who knows me, knows that I'm no cook, so the pride choking, er I mean, swallowing that had to happen on my part was quite a feat. My mom, could care less if what I make tastes good as long as it doesn't kill her. I think she would still pay me a compliment even if she threw up all night from severe food poisoning! My mother-in-law, not so worried about her either. She is a fantastic cook, but she is also very gracious, so if what I had made brought tears of disgust to her eyes, she would just dab them, smile and choke the rest of it down. No, I was more concerned with what R would think. He grew up in a house that had a yummy dessert every night and homemade casseroles several times a week. He would be sitting across the table from both the woman who fed his childhood and youth and the woman who feeds his manhood and eventually his "old" manhood! I didn't want him to be wishing he was at his mom's table instead of mine.

But the meal went off without any major glitches (One of the crockpots quit working. Praise the Lord it quit working after the meat was cooked and it was just supposed to be on the warming setting.). In fact, as we were going to bed last night, he complimented me on the meal and the hostessing. Melt my heart! Now, if he dreamed of creamed gravy, chicken strips, beef tips and rice, or cherry pie from days gone by, that's his business and I'm fine with that as long as he dreams about it to himself and doesn't discuss it in the morning!

On a more spiritual note, yesterday I really had a burden for what my sin had done to Jesus on Friday and how God loved me so much He rose Jesus up to conquer it on Sunday. How many Easters have I just glossed over this and missed out on such an intimate meditation with the Lord? Too many, my friends, even it was just one. Hopefully this time will spur new growth in me and my relationship with Christ over the coming months, so that the next time I celebrate His victory over death and sin, I will know and love Him all the more! "Oh precious is the flow that washes white as snow. No other fount I know. Nothing but the blood of Jesus!" Thank you, Jesus for your blood and willingness to obey the Father while you were completely human and sinless for this woman who is completely human and sinful.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know that you had a blog but am delighted to have discovered you! ha Loved your post. I totally get it. Try raising three males!!! I'm just discovering my female side. :D Love you sweet thing...praying your week flies by.

    ReplyDelete