Monday, April 16, 2012

Business Trip 2012

Well, R is on a business trip essentially until Friday this week.  That means, J and I are on our own.  Now, this should not be a big deal considering several factors:

A.  I am an adult and I birthed this child and survived.
B.  There is only one of him and one of me.  We have made the switch from zone to one-on-one defense.
C.  R worked in Houston for 6 weeks before we moved there and J and I stayed in SS on our own Sunday  afternoon until Friday night for all of those weeks...and survived.
D.  I am an adult.

But I completely admit to being FREAKED OUT!  I do not like being by myself.  I know, technically, I'm not by myself, but J doesn't currently understand sarcasm, snide comments, or obedience, so it is a lonely road for someone with my sense of humor to be with someone who so completely lacks as such.  R is my link to the adult world.  Since I am no longer in the work force, I don't get a whole lot of adult interaction other than hi's and bye's at the preschool drop off and a few giggles in between grunts at the gym on a day to day basis.  R is how I know I still think thoughts above a 5 year old level.  I will miss him so much this week.  J has already asked for him about 10 times since 7:00 a.m.  Needless to say, we think R is the best.  Best husband, best daddy, best provider, and best friend just to name a few.  He is really excited about this trip, so that makes letting him go a lot easier.  Hopefully, our hearts will grow all the fonder in the wake of this short lived absence!

On another note, I know I need to start posting pics.  I'm not really super good at that type of thing.  I will put a few in this post that are a little out of date because current ones are trapped on my digital camera until I put them on here.  These are still cute, though!  Have a great Monday!




Because he's cute!



Because they're cute!



Because we're cute!



This actually was taken recently at our Sunday School egg hunt.  He is getting so big!

1 comment:

  1. Such an adorable family! I'm blessed that Rusty doesn't travel (without us) often, but when he does I feel the SAME way about him being away. Even with 3 kids, without him it's lonely!

    ReplyDelete