Thursday, March 29, 2012

Field Trip!

Today, J and I took a field trip with his 3 Year Old Preschool class to the local Ag Education building. He learned about milking cows, made butter, sampled cheese, butter, milk and ice cream and got to pet a calf, a chick and a horse! All in all, a successful trip! It was fun to see him experience these things, although, I will admit that I had romanticized his reactions in my head. You know how you think your kid will just LOVE something because you thought it was super neat when you were small, but they just kinda grin and shrug their shoulders at what you think they should almost be wetting their pants over? Well, that's how his reaction to the animals was to me. I loved animals as a kid and thought he would be much more interested in them, but he just kind of petted what he was told to pet and then moved on to the next thing. Wah, wah...

The Lord uses J to teach me each day that the only thing I can expect to happen is the unexpected! Love this boy so much I can hardly stand it! R and I are blessed beyond measure with a son who has his own unique personality that we can each see ourselves in, but is all his own!

No comments:

Post a Comment